The University of Graz and the University of Music and Performing Arts Graz invite entries to the Harald Kaufmann Award 2018. The award recognizes outstanding publications in the social sciences, humanities, and arts and is a joint project by both universities within the framework of the Knowledge Transfer Centre South.
The Harald Kaufmann Award is presented in following categories:
- publications in the social sciences and humanities by young researchers
- publications in the social sciences and humanities by established researchers
- publications in the arts by young artists
- publications in the arts by established artists
A prize of € 1.000,- is awarded in each of these categories. A jury installed by both universities selects the winning entries.
Who can apply?
Students, alumni, and employees of the University of Graz or the University of Music and Performing Arts Graz may submit their publications. A joint application by co-authors of one publication is possible.
What needs to be submitted?
Applicants may submit publications published during the last two years (after 1 January 2016) which make a substantial contribution to research and/or art in the fields covered by the Harald Kaufmann Award.
Following documents need to be submitted:
- an abstract or description of the publication, addressed to a non-specialist audience, not longer than two pages, in pdf format
- the original publication in pdf format; artistic AV media may be submitted as hardcopies, but should be submitted also in digital formats that can be copied and distributed to the jury (e.g. mp3 files of a CD and the booklet as a pdf; files will only be used for jury purposes)
- CV in pdf format (including lists of publications, granted third-party funded projects, scholarships, academic awards and honors, and other scholarly/artistic achievements)
- completed and signed application form and the signed data privacy declaration, scanned and in pdf format (click here to download form and declaration)
Deadline for entries: 21 May 2018; 23:59 Uhr
The award ceremony will take place on 12 October 2018, 18:00, at Florentinersaal, University of Music and Performing Arts Graz. Awardees will be notified ahead of time.
The digital application documents should be sent to:
AV media etc. should be sent to:
Universität für Musik und darstellende Kunst Graz
Büro Vizerektorin für Forschung
Contact for further inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pictures: University of Music and Performing Arts Graz
Written by: University of Music and Performing Arts Graz, MS